Monday, March 7, 2016

Flocking Birds - LOVE Tree Silhouette for Spicher and Co

I have met the one 
Whom my Soul LOVES. Song 3:4

https://www.etsy.com/listing/502982154/kolene-spicher-bird-tree-silhouette-tree?ref=shop_home_active_1
The Love Birds 

Recently, I came across some wonderful gold leafed frames.  They were round ones and I thought to myself, wouldn't these be a beautiful addition to my tree silhouette series?  I am painting these for Spicher and Co and they will be available as a print; however, I am also painting these for my show in September 2016 in Doylestown, PA.  I felt that the silhouettes were folky and fun and different, making them a nice addition to my show.  

 I would date these frames to be around 1930-35.   The smooth one maybe earlier. The upper one was marked Philadelphia on the glass.  
I loved the filigree on the top upper frame and felt that it would work well with the theme of this painting.

The scripture Song 3:4
I have found the one whom my soul loves.
This is written across the bottom of the tree. 
I even love the crack down the center of this frame.  Isn't it neat how imperfections can sometimes be what makes something unique and beautiful?  

Wouldn't this make a neat marriage painting?  The love tree!! 

Here are the five paintings that I have done so far.  You can see how nicely they all will hang together.  


I have one more to do...  

Any suggestions on what the theme should be about?  

ENJOY
and thanks so much for taking the time to look today. 

Kolene 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/502982154/kolene-spicher-bird-tree-silhouette-tree?ref=shop_home_active_1





No comments: