Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Whaling Scene

Is it Moby? 

Here he is! Is it moby? 
When I look at this painting, I think to myself, this looks like the whale that stoved the whale, that then stoved the boat.  I liked the idea of having a lot of action in the painting but focusing the main picture on one giant whale! That is what the tail and the head and the spout are all about...ACTION! 

I love his spout!  It looks like a heart! 
The frame is nice and old, I would date it  to 1875, correct me if I am wrong, please.   I like to learn.   The glass is bubbly and distorted.  There is a small  chip that was in the glass, making it less than perfect.  

See the chip?  To me, it makes it authentic.  I don't mind it! 
I always like to include my featured piece beside some of my other work so that you can see how it blends.  


There she is, sitting proudly on a sailboat.  You can see, all the colors go greatly together.  These paintings have been all completed at different times over the last 5-7 years, the lighthouse maybe even older.  

I love nautical and the distressed frame! 
Some of the things that stand out to me are the water and the heart-shaped spout.  I also like the little slash marks that are ever so slightly painted on the whale.  Can you see them? 

I included the remote so that you can have a feel for the scale.  This painting is like 6X11"

I love how the colors look beside my antique set of painted drawers.  
It's alway fun working on projects like this.  I hope you enjoyed reading about my thoughts on this piece, "Is it Moby?" 

Enjoy! 

Kolene 







No comments: