Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Holiday Mermaid "Facebook Early American Folk Arts and Trades Marketplace" Painting, Post 3

Songs of Cheer and Good Will 


https://www.facebook.com/events/1213533635380525/

***THIS PAINTING WILL BE OFFERED FOR SALE AT THE ABOVE EVENT OCTOBER 15 AND 15, 2016. 

This is where I left off in my last entry and represents and stopping point for that day. 
I wanted to keep the background and the snow as clean as possible.  The way I spill paint these days, make this nothing short of a small miracle.  LOL.  

What's this painting missing??  I decided that it needed smoke coming out of the chimney and I also sprinkled some snow on the painting!  Can you see it.  Look at her hat.  As I said yesterday, I changed her hat by adding a scarf around the backside of it, bringing it forward to create a bow.  Here was how the drawing started: 

Before the hat was altered.  
While painting it, I decided to add the tie.  It made sense to me, after all, if it is windy, she may lose her hat!


No chance of any hats flying off of this head! 


In this shot, you can see that I both added the smoke and changed the title.  I just like the idea of Cheer and Good will!  That's what Christmas is about.  God's goodwill toward men.   It's worth singing about, wouldn't you say?! 

Don't forget to check out the Facebook event! 

https://www.facebook.com/events/1213533635380525/

Enjoy and thanks for looking! 







No comments: