Sunday, February 8, 2015

Kolene Spicher Portrait of young girl from 18th Century - Spiring Come Now!

Spring Come Now! 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/221857755/kolene-spicher-original-painting-of-a
I love the movement in this painting 
I am ready for spring.  My husband was busy working on my son's car with his boys.  The weekend was sort of filled with grease and screws, etc.  This left me free.  

As I mentioned in a recent post, I had been waiting for a box of handmade gold-leafed frames from Florence, Italy.  They finally arrived and I'm busy filling them! 
Look at the caption!  It's the  name of this painting! 
There's something funny about this.  For one thing, I don't thing any one in that century would write such a thing--BUT THAT'S WHAT MAKES IT GREAT ART! 


My favorite shot of this painting!
She measures about 5X7"  The painting itself is 4"x6"
Look at the back of this frame.  It's as wonderful as the front.  LOVING them!  
Beautiful hand-papered backs with self-standing piece that is attached by a ribbon.
Gold-leafed. 







No comments: