Friday, December 5, 2014

Sailor Musician

Aboard the Abercrombie 

For Sailors I made my Song.
Painted many years ago - LOOK at his sweet face. 

Today, I was down in my 'TV' room looking around and came across the painting.  It's been a while since I did any posting about sailors.  I know I am repeating myself, but I love sailors, my husband is one!   This guy is one of my favorite and that's why I still have him.  My little niece about 10 years ago, threw a block at him and broke the concave glass.  I was sad but it was an accident.
I love pinstripe and incorporate this look frequently into my sailor men! 
The water in this painting is more translucent than I paint today, but it is nonetheless pretty.  It really shows how my art has changed over the years.

LOVE the yellow ship.  It's so … primitive. 

The old grained frame really compliments this piece.  How I miss that curved glass…


This was painted A LONG time ago.  I love the subject matter and enjoy thinking about what those guys would have done to pass the time of day.  At night, you know they sang to candlelight and drank beer and rum.  This is primitive but I really enjoy this style.   I am going to guess that this was done 18 years ago…smile.  I am still at it! 

Enjoy! 

Kolene Spicher 



No comments: