Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Hand Building Pottery

What in the world is this thing?? 
It looks like a chimney 
It's not a vase.  It's not a cup.  It's not funnel.  No, it's not a volcano, either…  


My son wants to know if it's the bottom half of a lady.  No, absolutely not the bottom half of a lady.  

What is it?? 


Hint, you put it in the oven
That is an excellent hint.  It isn't a steamer.  By the way, my kids are here offering their suggestions.  Believe it or not, it is for a chicken.  I am going to do a diagram.  Hold on.  

Now that was quick! 

You still have to have this in a pan inside the oven
According to my instructor, the drippings of the chicken will go into the pottery piece, but they will also drip down the side of the piece so you still have to have this in a pan of some sort.  

This was so much fun to make.  It was not turned but rather hand built.  Hope you enjoy! 

I will let you know if it works~ha.






No comments: