Sunday, September 28, 2014

Ink blot botany flowers by Kolene Spicher for Spicher and Co.


Ink Blot Botany series for Spicher and Co. 

A while ago I wrote about these prints.  I painted them on old script paper that I found in an antique shop.  I chose a color that was a deep midnight blue and penciled in very lightly the right half side of each paper.  Working very fast, I then brushed in the color heavy  so that it would remain wet long enough to fold the paper in half duplicating the image on the other side.  

If you look carefully, you can see how the left side mirrors the right.  Even my signature is backward.  This was a pretty neat excercise for me to do because the image is not as tight as I normally like to paint.  This turned out very organic and natural feeling.  

Take a look at this picture below.  These are my favorite five prints.  Spicher and Co. won an award with this photograph for the flooring. The Floorcloth look amazing.  This product, which we call VINTAGE VINYL,  was nationally recognized.  I think the colors really look amazing together.  If you are interested in the floor coverings or the ink blot images, call Spicher and Co., and we can connect you with a store in your area.  All images are our own and created by Spicher and Co. and printed and manufactured in America in Carlisle, Pa.  


Here are all the images that we have available.  You can look at them up and close by going to www.spicherandco.com. Like us on FB! Tell us what you like! 


Update - Here's a photograph that was taken of  No. 9 hanging in a farm house in Bucks  County, Pa. 


I love the simplicity of this! 


Thanks for looking!  

Enjoy!


No comments: