Thursday, May 29, 2014

More Pottery

Yesterday was Pottery Class 


Well, here's my finished Tin Can flower vase.  I really like it, but there's some issues with it as there have been with many of my pieces.  I am new at this, so please be kind.  HA 

At one time, there was a lid for this.  I filed that in Bin 13.  It makes a great vase for flowers, however, because it's heavy and I can cram a lot of flowers into it without fear of it falling over.  

LOVE
This lid turned out perfect.  I even like the painting and firing of it.  Even though I am a painter by trade, painting pottery is not so easy for me.  I find fault with everything that I produce.  I need to keep a tablet, I am certain, that says DO and DON'T do this…  The bowl that goes with this... eh.  I don't like it.  Next week I am going to make another.  


See, how the lid doesn't come down on the bowl correctly?  Well, I am going to use it for now but I am intending do replace this .  The lid is flat.  The bowl is not even and that is why we see the crack on the right side.  Be kind. 

I love garlic.  

Another shot of my garlic bowl.  Yes, I have it right next to my stove.  I am not even a little bit worried about breaking it either~LOL 


Don't look at the permanent stains on my griddle.  As a matter of fact, this week I made a cover for my griddle.  I CAN'T wait to see how this turns out.  I think I may have found something that I can sell!  It looked very cool in the wet form but we will see if it fires flat! 

Thanks so much for looking at my humble pottery.  

Kind Regards! 






No comments: