Friday, April 11, 2014

Good Morning !!

Bonjour!


Bonjour!

A while back I painted some illustrations of French chairs.  I tried to sell them a few times but didn't.  "WHAT IS WRONG with these darn chairs??"
 This is what I put myself through when something doesn't move.  How can I improve upon these?  Well, I was thinking about them (a lot) and decided that they needed an animal sitting on them.
"Why not?"  I paint animals in clothes ALL THE TIME (www.spicherandco.com), so why not paint animals sitting on French Chairs!?? I wanted the animal to stand out, but then I also wanted the chair to be seen, as well.  I decided that it needed to be a silhouette.  So I present to you my metamorphous from this to this!
From this! 
See this is just too…boring.  That is the simple truth about these chairs.  You may say, "Why would you bother changing these?" Because I don't like them the way they are, ok?? Yes, I like the way I painted them but I believe that they can be improved.  I am driven to improve.  I think that they will make a fine print and have scanned them to be sold as a print.  But now you can have them with a rooster (and some other animal as I paint more).  Any suggestions are appreciated!  What makes this funny is what I wrote a saying on the bottom of each of the paintings.

Here are a few examples of some of the closer images!
TO THIS!
The original seat was decapauged so sorry, Folks, there is a line.  I don't mind it, though!  On the painting it looks like an old antique~which was my goal! 

AND THIS! 
The caption on the bottom of each painting is a little dialog between the two birds!  It is as if they are talking to each other!  "Good Morning (Bonjour) Mam and Sir!" I went to France one time.  I found the people very friendly.  That was the only sentence that I could say, and I said it proudly! 

HERE THEY ARE IN COMPLETION!  EACH HAS ANTIQUE GLASS AND IS IN AN OLD FRAME!
LOVE THE BLUE CHAIR
THINK KITCHEN! 

Thanks for looking!




No comments: