Saturday, November 17, 2018

Nautical Pottery by Kolene Spicher



Christmas Gifts! 



I am working on a number of pieces right now.  With Christmas right around the corner, I think they will make fabulous gifts.  I have a bunch of stuff getting fired as I type this.  Here are a few pieces that were still too wet to go in! 


This jar or pot is around 5 1/2 inches tall.  It is decorated the whole way around!  

This one is an order 

I love round things.  Here's some rounder scenes! 

I am in love with silhouettes! 

This is a Right Whale

For whatever reason, I didn't photograph the sailor.  There's one there!  It reads:

This 10th Day of August, This ole' sailor spotted his first 
whale right off shore!  He was 29 feet long. 



Love the orangey pinks on the horizon.


This is going to be another light.  My other lights turned out great.  
The one sold, so I needed to make a replacement to
keep my living room in balance LOL. 


This light is about 11 - 12" high.  It has my seascape colors, etc, the whole way
around it.  It looks slightly washed out in this photo but in real life it has 
nice color. 


I don't know if I showed you my finished vase.  This guy is about 18" tall.  It was slab built and carved.  I love hand-building. 

The platter is a Greg Schooner! 

Hydrangea was compliments of my friend Susan.  I planted that wonderful bush in 2008. 
Let me know if there's something that you might like for the holidays.  PM me or follow me on instagram, which makes it really easy to see all my new stuff.  Kolene_Spicher is what I go by! 

I love all things polka dotted!  

Sometimes you can do things with pottery that are a bit unexpected.  Like I had a bowl (cylinder shaped) with polkadots and I needed something to put an antique Christmas tree in that I had picked up about 30 years ago.  Every year, I struggled to display it in a pleasing way.  One day I did this! 


Happy Holidays!
Merry Christmas! 

Enjoy.  

Kolene Spicher 












No comments: