Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Prayer of St. Francis - An addition to my 'religious' series.


PRAYER OF SAINT (ST.) FRANCIS OF ASSISI

Penned in my FANCY Writing! 

This is one of the most beautiful prayers I have ever read


To read about the Celtic Cross refer to February 12, 2014 Entry 
I was surfing the web the other day and came across some beautifully written prayers.  This one really stood out to me.  The pictures here are not the greatest quality but I wanted to show you an idea that I came up with for an old antique frame that I inherited from my Grandfather's estate.  I found the frame in his attic and thought it was beautiful, complete with all the original dust!!  
I do not know what these little 'white' things are, maybe sea shells?? 
The frame is only about 6 or 7" and it's a complete square.  I have it hanging upstairs (currently without any glass) beside  my bedside table.  I really like this.  I love the message.  

Prayer of St. Francis

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace. 
Where there is hatred, let me sow love; 
where there is injury, pardon; 
where there is doubt, faith
where there is despair, hope; 
where there is darkness, light; 
and where there is sadness, joy. 
O Divine Master, 
grant that I may not so much seek 
to be consoled as to console; 
to be understood, as to understand; 
to be loved as to love; 
For it is in giving that we receive; 
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; 
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. 

A closeup that is actually CLEAR 

I hope that you enjoy this post.  I am going to add another picture to this series very soon.  I want to do some additional prayers.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!! 

Enjoy.








No comments: