Wednesday, February 12, 2014

This was my First Mermaid Painting - a glimpse of the past

A New England Farmhouse

with my VERY first Mermaid Painting Ever! 

Today, I opened my mail to find a wonderful  surprise.  One of my customers who has now become my friend, emailed to me pictures of her lovely home with some of my paintings.  Her name is Vickey!

I wish that I had a date for this first one that hangs over her fireplace mantle.  I am going to say 1995 and that is very MUCH a guess.  This was my very first MERMAID painting.  I had another customer, who I also consider a friend, (LYDIA) suggest that I paint mermaids.  I am so glad that I listened because  mermaids went on to represent a big part of my success.  I have decorated so many coastal homes with them over the years.  You can see them and much more at www.spicherandco.com  

This is a good example of blending the old with the new.  Folks, please don't stop considering this wonderful option.  

There are so many artists out there that paint and carve and weave, etc. in this wonderful style.  These pieces are one-of-a-kind, too.  If you don't want your home to look like the house next door, you absolutely MUST have some one-of-a-kind art.  

Here is another room in Vickey's very cool New England home.  This ship painting was also created by me.  Again the date…1998??  Her home is what you would call a New England Farmhouse.  She has a center chimney with three fireplaces which come off the one large chimney.  I would love to see it someday.  I know that she also has some whaling paintings of mine as well.  

I look forward to receiving other pictures of my artwork from my wonderful customers that I can also share on this blog.  

I know that people look at my blog, because I have a fair amount of hits.  Not many people respond and that's okay.  I just appreciate your time and the fact that you are reading it!  

Best!  Kolene 



No comments: