Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Developing my Inkblots



Ink Blot Images


To really appreciate these floral inkblot paintings, I think you may have needed to be present when I painted them.  They were some of the funnest pictures I have painted in a good while.  I had a large book of 19th century journal entries laying around and thought, "What can I do with this that would be different."  This is what I came up with.

Actually, it was more difficult than you might think to do this. In fact, for every one completed, there were two I threw away.  The composition was just "off" or the ink didn't bleed properly when I folded the paper in half.  To clarify, I painted 1/2 of the paper (Folded it first), and then bent the other half over it and pressed with my finger so that the image would transfer. That's about it!  Hope you enjoy it.  If you are interested in the prints, go to www.spicherandco.com and hit the "what's new" button, go to inkblots.  Thanks for looking!


No comments: