Monday, January 30, 2017

New Spring Flowers for Spicher and Co

April Showers Bring May Flowers


I have always loved that poem, April Showers.  The problem is that I only know one line of it.  I couldn't really paint the spring flowers around that poem because I don't know what happens to the flowers in June and so forth.  

However, I thought it would be fun to paint a different flower theme for each month of the year.  I have been working on this for about 
2  1/2 weeks now.  I should have posted earlier.  

January 
I spent extra time on this month.  The first version was washed out.  I like how the roses POP!  

May, February, June, from left to right 
I have always loved pink and white flowers.  Throw a bit of yellow in there and I am really starting to want to plant a garden.  I do not have a green thumb.  

October, November, December, again left to right 

I know that most people think summer when they see Hydrangeas, but I happen to think fall.  I have a beautiful friend that gave me the most gorgeous hydrangea bush, every October before we have our first freeze, I go out and cut a bunch of the big heads and bring them inside to dry.  I always think of her and my mother, who also loved hydrangeas.  I think that is what flowers are about.  

Here it is February 2017 and my dried Hydrangea is still beautiful.  I think golden colors in November, hence the Sunflower.  Forgive me, but I just didn't have it in me to paint a pumpkin blossom.  

July, August, September 
I love blue, too, and guess what?  I love red as well.  When you are an artist, you love all the colors of the rainbow! 

The floor has some Spicher and Co Vintage Vinyl! 



I think these are truly refreshing.  They are totally original and I am excited to pick out a frame for them.  They will be available for purchase as prints sometime in April 2017 in time for the High Point Furniture Market!  

Stay tuned for more! 





No comments: