Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Atlantic Ocean Mermaid

Miss Atlantic 

She was queen for a day! 

Featured in her new Gold frame 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/474363435/kolene-spicher-original-mermaid-painting?ref=pr_shop

I briefly talked about this mermaid before.  It's been one of those things where the mermaid and the frame just didn't jive.  I have enjoyed her on my wall for a while now and finally found a frame that I believe to work.





The finish on this frame is reproduction in nature, meaning that it was newly painted to look old.  It's all crackled and bubbled and will look great with seashells and beauty decor. 

One of the funnest things about my job is creating things that make people feel something.  This mermaid has the sweetest expression.  Her expression is innocent.  Her little hands are naively painted.  She is just fun.

This is the newest frame, Sorry I keep reframing this piece.  I FINALLY am happy! 



OLD FRAME, this frame is too dark.  

In the water to the left and right of her arm is the saying "She was Queen for a day."  I want to be queen for a day!!!  ha 


Just for fun, I am adding what this painting looks like from the back side!  Look at my GIRL sitting on that chair.  She's pretty innocent, too! 

Enjoy. 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/474363435/kolene-spicher-original-mermaid-painting?ref=pr_shop




SaveSave

No comments: