Friday, August 7, 2015

Patriotic Portrait of a Transformed Boy

God bless America, Land that I love 
I

I have a good friend that sometimes helps me, I actually have a few of them, LOL.  I am in the process of preparing for a show in September 2015.  It's in Doylestown, PA and it's called the Bedminster show.  I have tickets that I am giving away to this wonderful show, private message me if you are interested.  

I was going thru some of my inventory and found this boy.  I had painted him a good while ago and no matter what I did to him, HE JUST WOULDN'T SELL!  

This is out of proportion due to the angle that it was photographed
but you get the idea.  I wouldn't say it was ugly but… 

So I asked my trusted friend what she thought, and she said (to my delight), "Why not add a flag instead of the bird."  Boy with a bird, hmm.  I think she might be right. LOL 

Coming up with a name for this was really easy for me.  It just came to me…God Bless America, Land that I love.  I went online to find the words to that song and found the Celine Dion song that is pasted just below on youtube...  Make sure you listen to this.  IT IS AMAZING.  Here's the link: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygd5U1BtlEI


I also have a picture without the glass so that you can really see the details and the freshness of this.  

I can honestly say that I LOVE THIS. 

I am really in love with America.  I am so glad that I live in this free country.  I was touched by this saying that I read today:  Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction.  It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people.  Those who have known freedom, and then lost it, have never known it again…
--Ronald Reagan


I obviously have a thing for nautical.  Ships were often times put in the background of antique artwork so that the viewer would associate the subject matter with the sea captain.  That was my goal as well! 

Thanks for looking! 

Enjoy. 




No comments: