Saturday, February 8, 2014

Birds in a Vase




Some Birds in a Vase



Honestly, I don't know what it is about Birds.  I just like them.  I am afraid of them, too, because when I was a small child, my older sisters made me watch Alfred Hitchcock's THE BIRDS.  I have had birds come down my chimney and just the flutter of them stuck in the chimney flew (flu-I'm sticking with flew) made me scared to death.  Anyways, I am not really afraid of them and in fact think they are beautiful.  This particular painting was executed on pastel paper and is very similar to sandpaper.  It was a little tricky to paint.  The painting is no longer available, but you can buy the print at Spicherandco.com.  


When selecting this particular frame, I was drawn to the gold-leafed liner.  It was beautiful and fully in tact.  The gold adds an importance to the simplicity of the painting style.  I love to experiment with different styles of painting and absolutely love and admire almost all artwork.  I needed to put that disclaimer in there because I don't appreciate obscene artwork and have seen some.  Sorry.  

Enjoy! 








No comments: