Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Large Black Swan Painting by Pennsylvania Artist Kolene Spicher

Wait for me 


Wait for me is a painting about a family going for a ride on a black swan!  Total Whimsey! 

Having had 5 sisters, it wasn't uncommon on a Sunday morning or Friday night to hear, "Wait for me!" 
"I want to come, too!" 

That is what this is about.  I love the big fluffy clouds and bright white Ticket House! 

ME

I decided to paint ME in the picture...again.  It is becoming a new trend!  Maybe not. 


Mom started out as 'sister', but then I  quickly decided she looked more like 'mother'.  I think the little girl, named Sister, looks quite patriotic in her blue dress with red shoes and American flag.  Lots of flags always make me feel free and happy. 

Wait for me! 

You can never have too many ships, I think.  I might even add to this painting after a bit.  I am working on it for Wilton.

The frame you see pictured is an 1850s LEMON GOLD frame, New England. 

Here she is!  She's full of whimsy and fun.  If you live in New England around Wilton,  Connecticut, I am working on this piece and others for a show that is held at the Wilton Historical Society on Friday evening...   This is a fund raiser (the opening night) so the ticket price is a bit more than usual. However, you can come on Saturday and Sunday and it's much less.  Read about it here! 

http://wiltonhistorical.org/events/american-artisan-show/american-artisan-show-2016-artisans/http://wiltonhistorical.org/events/american-artisan-show/american-artisan-show-2016-artisans/

Enjoy! 





No comments: