Thursday, September 21, 2017

Custom seascape by Pennsylvania Artist Kolene Spicher

My Heart's Always Home 
Day Dawns Beyond the Atlantic Sea! 

Sea Shells are gently applied  beneath glass.
Imagine this, you own the red house in the above picture!  Each morning you watch the tall ships go out somewhere unbeknown to you, what a sight!   Of course my artwork would be hanging in your house along the sea, too.  Stop and think about that!

The Large DioRama was created by an elderly gentleman captain from Maryland around 1880
THE PRIDE OF BALTIMORE 
I really enjoy creating reproductions that blend well with good antiques.  Today I present  Day Dawns Beyond the Atlantic. 


The Shells were collected by myself and found mostly along the Atlantic in New Jersey Specifically.  Finding the shells are 1/2 of the fun.  


I haven't decided if the frame needs any work, but I happen to think that it might be good just as it is! It will need modified, however, to receive the painting with the shells because the shells add a surface that is not entirely flat. The glass would be in the way.  


I spend some time over the summer at the Chesapeake bay and take a lot of photos.  I think this painting sort of reminds me of the bay area.  

I love it hanging with my mermaid seashell painting.  You can read about this at
http://kolenespicher.blogspot.com/2017/05/mermaid-seashell-creation.html





This painting and the others presented here are part of my collection that will be shown at the Wilton Historical Society's upcoming 2017 show held the first weekend of November 3-5, 2017  

Here's the link!

http://wiltonhistorical.org/events/american-artisan-show

If you want a card to this show, PM me! 


Kolene Spicher 





No comments: