Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Mermaid seashell creation

Taking My Rainy Day Mermaids to the next level


The other day I was looking at this mermaid painting.  I have been 
experimenting with seashells and how to incorporate 
them into artwork.  I decided that I would practice on this 
painting.  It had been for sale on my ETSY store KOLENESPICHER but I deleted
the listing so that I could have some more fun with it.  


A few weeks ago I finished this project.  I really liked it and decided to "UP" my shell count a little with the mermaids.  This was mostly because I ran out of shells that were dark and perfect like the shells above. 


The frame will need worked on for certain.  I will have another frame made that will go directly behind this one and will create a shadow box effect.  It will turn out neat once I get some paint and putty out!  I will also add a nice piece of wavy glass to this.  


My next project.  
I have not fully decided what I will do with this painting.  I am loving the water and am pleased with the overall effect of the colors and layering of paint.  I will be doing something similar with this painting and adding shells.  I am going to do something a little unexpected! 

In this shot you can see that the shells have been laid out, but they have not been cemented to the paper as of yet.  I love the purple-lee looking shells!  

Thanks for looking today. 







No comments: