Monday, April 17, 2017

Kolene Spicher Mermaids Sharing an Umbrella

April Showers bring out the Mermaids! 

https://www.etsy.com/listing/525195437/kolene-spicher-original-painting-one-of?ref=shop_home_active_1




I have always loved Nantucket.  Daffodils burst into bloom each spring on Nantucket.  Thousands of bulbs have been planted over the years and are scattered along the countryside and sidewalks.  Their bright yellow glow brings warm cheer to the coolness of the New England spring.  This weekend above all seems to always catch my attention.    Each year this special event takes place in the month of April.  This year it is April 28-30, 2017.  

My umbrella mermaid painting is lovingly painted in memory of all  my visits to this wonderful island. 


This special frame is an antique and was made in 1908.  I think that it may be french.  No matter what it is, I love it, and these #littletreasures are getting harder to find! 

The frame is small but the impact is big with this gem.   Please see the photo below which pictures the painting next to some of my keys.  You get a good idea of the scale from this.  


In the above picture, the mermaids are drawn in but there were some modifications made on the right mermaid, especially her torso area.  I have kept the picture so that you can see the scale of the painting--small.  

The picture on the bottom right with the shells will be talked about in my next post.  

Can you tell that the shape on the mermaid on the right is better.  She now has her hourglass figure!!  


I love the painting sitting on this stack of books.  You can read more about this along with the price on my ETSY page, KOLENESPICHER.  



Enjoy and thanks for looking today!  

https://www.etsy.com/listing/525195437/kolene-spicher-original-painting-one-of?ref=shop_home_active_1

Kolene Spicher 







No comments: