Thursday, September 15, 2016

Early Kolene Spicher Fraktur

My humble beginning 


Is it humility to say that commercially, this was an example of  some of my first few paintings?  Well, I don't know, but this was in fact some of my earliest work that I sold as an artist.   

I had a customer contact me about them because one of her little pictures had accidentally been knocked off the wall, and the glass was now broken.  Could I fix it, she asked? 
I was more than happy to, but not before I snapped a few pictures to show people how I got started.  This was 26 years ago! I have loved every moment of it, too.  

Broken glass!  


This actually is my favorite of the three.  I have always liked George Washington!  

In 2008, my mother passed away.  When she died, my father gave this back to me!  This is another example of some of my Fraktur work.  This was painted later, by at least 10 years. 


Thanks for taking the time to look!  Now back to work.  

Enjoy. 






No comments: