Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Vintage looking pressed flowers

THE CHESAPEAKE COLLECTION 

THE ART OF pressing  REAL FLOWERS and 

turning THEM into LIVE stamps. 







I am really excited about these and have been working on this project ALL summer.  I went to the Chesapeake Bay and while on walks, I gathered fresh flowers and weeds along the roadside,  painting them, pressing them, and then turning them into 'stamps' that were used for art.  
These will be taken to High Point Wholesale MARKET  in October.   We exhibit in the Commerce and Design building!  There about 24 of them!  I hope you enjoy!  


I really love the colors on this one 



A splash of red for fall! 























I am unsure how I will have the framed but am going to be hanging then in my house sometime very soon.  Here is the whole lot of them thrown on my extra large dining room table!  





4 comments:

Mugwump Woolies said...

Kolene...these are gorgeous!
Robyn

Unknown said...

These Are So Pretty Kolene ❤️

Unknown said...

Kolene,
I love these! You took the idea of classic botanical artwork and
made it into something new and fresh ! I can't wait to have these for sale
in my shop but I also want these in my own house.
Sandy from TRELLIS

Kolenespicher said...

Thanks so much @mugwumpwoolies, @betsyduggan, @SandyBlazek for your nice comments! I can't tell you how much I appreciate the nice words. See you in #highpoint! ...and thanks