Friday, May 6, 2016

Whimsical Impressionistic Windows

Windows are little openings into our lives, 
They let light in and let life out...


My inspiration painting 
Years ago, I purchased a book on the country of France.  I have always been fascinated with all things 'Paris.'  I even had the opportunity to visit this wonderful country about 12 years ago, we stayed in the city of PARIS.  It was one of the highlights of my life.  I really loved it.  I loved the museums and the eating and the architecture.  It was all perfect.  

Today, I am giving you a glimpse into my studio and showing you what I have been working on for a while.  I actually have 12-14 of these all penned out on paper and am now beginning the process of adding color.  I wanted my windows to be done in a "VanGogh" style.  

Vincent VanGogh 

Vincent VanGogh 
I love all the movement in his work.  I know that he had sort of a magic that nobody can ever duplicate perfectly, but I had fun trying.  This man could paint anything in in any genre.  I fully think that he could paint picture realistic, if he chose to.  His work, to me, looks fictional but I believe that it is far from it.  I believe that everything he painted was 'there' and in fact was painted from life.  He had the ability to see movement in all that he painted.    This I love.  


These caught my eye, too.  The windows are solid and dark but it makes me wonder...WHAT IS GOING ON
BEHIND that glass??  

These were also taken into consideration when I started to pen my paintings.  As of today, I have 4 completed.  

I think these would look lovely in any room of your home.  I think I will sell the originals and place them in frames
that are painted with  Amy Howard MILK paint.  

I know that pink is a color that some people can't do, but I happen to love pink because I love and have a lot of grey in my home.  This color just naturally goes well with grey.  Here's a few closeups of the above. 

There is a lot of movement in this painting.  It is free and fun and not exact.  I love the whimsical
look of it and think it happens to be a windy day! 
HAPPY is having a house on the water...  This was a phrase that I read on the internet.  I think it's true, smile.

This was actually a real window from a book, the building was located in Montmartre. 

I love to eat.  I also love to walk to a good bakery, especially when on vacation.  I love the bakery in Chesterton, MD

This picture makes your mind wonder, is this a lobby in a hotel?  A bed and breakfast? Why is there
a book at the window.  Am I supposed to sign in?  There is a level of mystery, and I like this. 

I think the grey is beautiful and compliments all colors.  My whole house is some form of grey.  I really like the splash of red.  


Thanks for taking the time to look at my artwork!  

ENJOY! 




No comments: