Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Painting for Spicher and Co. High Point NC furniture Market Entry 3

Flocking Birds 


The Valleys are mantled with grain… 
If you have looked at Flocking Birds 1-3, you will see that they all hold a unique message.  The writing is not 'in your face' but rather a little subliminal.  That's my style.  I have always wanted my paintings to carry a message.  

This was the basic painting, minus the tree.
Excuse the wire, I later cut it off, annoying! 
So in painting this, I exaggerated the size of the wheat somewhat.  I wanted it to be obvious that it was not just yellow grass but rather some sort of grain.  


This is a bit blurry, but i water my tree to have a gnarly look to it.  After all, it is the only tree in the field.  I wanted it to stand out.  

There are many sayings painted into this painting.  The birds are suppose to be in the duck/geese family.  I don't know what birds they are…smile. 
It wasn't as important to me to know the bird variety, I was more interested in the formations that the birds create.  Can you see the tiny ones, top left of center?  

Some of the sayings are as follows: All the trees of the field will clap their hands; The mountains and the hills will burst into song before you, Unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; The grasslands of the wilderness overflow, the hills are clothed with gladness; Let all the trees of the forest sing for Joy.  Finally, this is my favorite (very relevant for the days we live in,  too): He makes peace in your borders; He satisfies you with the finest of wheat. Ps 147:14.   

Here are the 4! 
All these paintings are one of a kind and unique.  They are featured in ANTIQUE frames.  I happen to like antiques.  If you would be interested in any of these in a new simple black frame, I can do that, too. 

Thanks for looking!  

ENJOY! 

KOLENE SPICHER 



No comments: