Friday, October 23, 2015

Miniature Whaling Scene and mermaid

The Whalers and A Mermaid
Beautiful Gold leafed frame 
This is an acrylic on paper technique painting.  I distressed the surface to slightly mimic the idea of it being a fresco.  It really has that look up and close.  


Can you see the spackled qualities? 
I named this painting "The Whalers".  Truth be told, I include that little title in nearly all of my whaling scenes and have for the last 20 years that I have painted them.  I love the long skinny feel of this painting and think that this would look fabulous on a dresser drawer.  Years ago, I painted landscapes on a dresser.  There were four drawers total (I think), and each one had a different landscape.  

New England Nantucket/Cape Cod Styled house.  
This is a relatively small painting compared to what I usually do, but I really loved the old frame.  

Top painting is also available for purchase and both will be available November 6-8, 2015
at the Wilton Historical Society show
http://wiltonhistorical.org/americanartisanshow.html
I love the rich blues that are in each of these paintings.  If you know or have collected my work, most of the paintings hang well together.  I tend to use the same color palette.  

Mermaid painting is called "She was the apple of his Eye" 
This photograph gives you an idea of the scale of this piece.  You can see that it's not very large, but it is really sweet and I love the colors.  

These paintings will be available at the Wilton Show in Wilton, CT. on November 6-8, 2015.  I don't have as much work as I sometime show, but each painting is really carefully done and I think it will be a good show.  

Thanks for looking! 



Enjoy! 


No comments: