Thursday, April 23, 2015

Kolene Spicher Original Ship Paining - Coast Guard Cutter Part 2

United States Revenue Coast Guard Cutter 

Coast Guard Flags (Example A) 
I am not going to say that I am finished with this, but it is time that I post some pictures.  I have been working on this for quite awhile now, and it is nearing completion.  I wanted the colors to pop on this but also be subdued.  It is my belief that once this is behind glass, I will be able to tell if it is IN FACT finished.  

The colors on this ship were designed to match the one that is on the right behind the polished trophies.
(Example B)
This particular photo (directly above) was taken before the clouds were completely finished.  If you look at the top example (Labeled A)  you will see that the clouds are more defined and folky than Example B.  I like that! 

Check out the hull of the ship.  I wanted it to stand out against the water but still be 'brown' like wood and not totally black like I usually paint them.  I can go darker with this, if it is necessary once the glass is placed over the painting. 
I love the green water and all the action of the flags.  The men on board also are a lot of fun.    



I have not identified the ship yet.  I am waiting to see if the person buying wants it identified or if he will choose to wait on another ship!  Thanks for looking! 

Enjoy!


No comments: