Friday, January 16, 2015

Impressionistic Landscape

Golden-Rod

A peaceful field of yellow 
I have so many good memories growing up of my mother.  I am so blessed to have had her.  I remember one of her very favorite things to do was to rise early and go and cut the wild flowers before the  hot sun made them sad.  Sometimes she would take me with her.  We had an old station wagon that she would drive in search of beautiful flowers growing freely along side the country roads.  

I was born and raised in a small Pennsylvania town that was near the countryside. There was an abundance of different roads to choose from.   She would pull along the roadside, cut the flowers, and then lay them in the back of the car wrapped in something to keep them from drying out.  Later once they had dried, she would make arrangements with them.  Golden Rod was a flower that she frequently picked and dried. 

Hudson River style 
The style of this painting is a little different than what you are accustomed to seeing me do, but it is nonetheless beautiful (if I may say so).  It looks easy to do because the colors are all run together, but it is surprisingly tricky to pull this off.  
The lonely tree
The lonely tree adds so much to this picture.  I suppose that nature is so wonderful and beautiful that it needs not any other plant or tree to make it complete.  Each created thing is a wonder in and of itself.  I think I wanted to add the tree, however, because it seemed as though it may be perceived as 'unfinished' without it.  Maybe the next one, I will leave the tree out - :) 


Like many of my pieces, the frames are not perfect.  These imperfections do not bother my eye in the least.  I think it adds to the painting.  This old frame was loved, almost to death! 


Here she is in her entirety.  "GoldenRod" will always remind me of my mother.  Thanks for looking.  

Enjoy. 




No comments: