Thursday, October 2, 2014

The Whalers

Anchor Away! 


This painting is about a whale, a poor one, that is anchored to shore.  Don't get mad, I didn't paint him speared!  It's all in a day's work and all for fun.  


I normally paint the whale either black or white.  Whales are not only black (and they really aren't technically 'black') but they are other colors, too--such as, grey, white, brown, or tan.  This painting is missing the piece of glass that should be installed between the  two frames.  When I find the perfect wavy piece of glass, it will be assembled and I will update this blog entry and post this on ETSY. 


My favorite part of this painting is the little yellow house with blue windows.  I don't know why, but for some reason, I love the way this looks.  


While I am at it, I wanted to show you what my booth looked like at the Bedminster Art show in Doylestown a few weekends ago.  I had a really good show and continue to receive orders from this show.  I have some of the paintings still in stock as well as a few large prints of ships.  Let me know if you are interested in something that you have seen on this blog because I just might have it! 

DOYLESTOWN / BEDMINSTER ART SHOW  LOWER LEFT SIDE OF THE 
BUCK'S COUNTY HERALD  


Although, my name is not mentioned, the picture of the bright red booth is mine.  It was so much fun! 

Thanks for looking! 
Enjoy. 



No comments: