Monday, October 27, 2014

Reproduction antique silhouettes

Decorating with 'Smalls' Around Your Home



https://www.etsy.com/listing/208706887/darling-period-looking-silhouette-of-a?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/208697816/reproduction-antique-silhouette-of-a?



It's fun buying and decorating for your home.  Sometimes, however, you want a piece of someone's artwork but you just honestly do not have the space to hang ONE MORE THING!  Here's a simple solution! 


Artwork on bookshelves!! 
Placing artwork on bookshelves is a clever way to layer what you own.  I love old books and have collected  many of them JUST FOR THE PRETTY JACKETS.  I have no intention right now of reading them, I just love the way they look.  I love the silhouettes sitting on the shelves, too, it makes the shelf look complete.


I found this old antique envelope from FRANKLIN AND MARSHALL COLLEGE 

I thought that it would be neat to paint something on this old envelope.  I was pleased with the result.  These little silhouettes are available thru Spicher and Co. who will direct you to a distributer in your area.  OR you can go to my ETSY page KOLENESPICHER Where I currently have two slightly used ones for sale.  








Enjoy and Thanks for looking! 

No comments: