Friday, June 6, 2014

Impressionistic Daisies


Daisies in a Cobalt Pitcher ~ Falling Petals

Reminiscent of another time… 

This painting is for sale on KOLENESPICHER Etsy

 When I was a little girl, my Nana had a flower garden.  Each day of the summer, she would go outside and work in that garden, mostly in the morning.  Her garden was perfect.  It was perfectly weeded, perfectly maintained, and perfectly organized according to the season.  She had ferns, roses, hyacinths, daffodils, tulips, and an assortment of other flowers.  And, yes, she had daisies.  She had a flower that I remember well and called it a Black Eyed Susan.  I would love to pick the flowers and remember making 'perfume' out of the more fragrant varieties by soaking the petals in water.  I was permitted to pick them (Even the roses), and I would place them in a vase and present them to my Mother or Nana.   

Closeup
The daisy arrangement for this picture came from my imagination.  I don't remember the details because this was another 'lost' piece that was retrieved from the crate at Spicher.  The painting is dated 2006.   I just know that when I was painting it, I wanted there to be plenty of movement, hence the sagging flowers in the forefront. 
The Paintings Name ~ Falling Petals
Perhaps, this is my favorite part of the painting.  I love the colors at the bottom portion of this piece.  I know that sounds funny, but I am a big fan of red.  I love the accent it provides. 


The frame naturally is a continuation of the painting and is something that is very desirable and not always easily attainable.  
Love the mottled frame

As I mentioned in yesterday's post (Impressionistic Peonies), the frames on these all match and are VERY NICE.  




I LOVE THE WAY THIS PAINTING LOOKS ON THIS TABLE.  In case you haven't noticed, I photograph a lot of things on this table.  BTW, this table was Nana's.  She kept it on an enclosed side porch and would put flowers and berries, etc. on it on the way to her kitchen.  She lived in a lovely 19th-century victorian house in Carlisle, PA  

Thanks for looking.  Enjoy! 




No comments: