Friday, May 23, 2014

Pizza Night

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A MERMAID EAT PIZZA? 


Well, I have.  It happened long ago, when sailor wore stripped pants and sailed on boats called clipper ships.  It was a Thursday in the late afternoon, and this guy would row to shore and make a tasty meal of bread with cheese and seaweed salad!  He even had his own special way of baking the pizza using bricks and stones and shells that could be found nearby.  It was just like an today's oven.  

I am just having some fun.  This painting was executed in a watercolor technique.  The frame is a little banged up but I am going to fix that right quick! 

HERE IT IS FIXED: 


YOU DON'T SEE THIS AT ALL WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE PAINTING


This is a little more Orangey than is accurate but I wanted you to see what was written across the bottom. 

Call me silly, but I really like her little mole on her right cheek.  He is looking very proud of himself, too, I might add.  She's slightly bored.  I can tell.  


HERE'S A CLEVER IDEA:  I like to put paintings on little easels.  This particular easel is a stained brown one and disappears wherever I place it.  I purchased it at HOBBY LOBBY.  They have a great variety of inexpensive easels.  


To give you an idea of the scale of this, I have included a shot with some of my nautical things that I collect.  This tool box just works to my way of thinking because I imagine that it was aboard a ship. It is a shipman's tool box.  

If I get some interest in this painting, I may list it on Etsy.  My Etsy name is KOLENESPICHER :)

**this painting is sold :)

Thanks for looking! 

Enjoy




1 comment:

Kolenespicher said...

This painting is sold :)