Friday, April 11, 2014

Chairs

...A Chair

Some interesting quotes about chairs

**UPDATE - See April 11, 2014 because I totally changed these chairs! 

"A chair is a very difficult object.  A skyscraper is almost easier.  That is why Chippendale is famous!"     Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

"The cure for crime is not the electric chair, but the high chair."  J. EDGAR HOOVER

"If it is the right chair, it doesn't take too long to get comfortable in it." By Robert De Niro

"A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?" 
Albert Einstein. 


I think chairs are interesting.  There are so many to choose from.  In my house, everyone goes for the comfortable chairs.  When you are tired or have pain, an uncomfortable pretty chair does not cut it!!  

These paintings were made for Spicher and Co and added to our print line.  They were carefully drawn in ink and then filled in with watercolor and featured in one-of-a-kind antique black frames.   You can check them out in my Etsy shop called Kolenespicher.  This shop is brand new for me.  I intend to update it regularly. 



No comments: