Thursday, March 13, 2014

Hand Building Pottery

An update on my Greek Canister set

**See May 21, 2014 for the finished product! 

It turns out that my sugar canister ended up being taller than the flour canister, making it the new Designated flour canister instead.  

Today, I worked on the pull to my lid for the square canister, aka, the flour container.  I was just playing around with the clay when suddenly I realized my pull was looking more and more like a flower or pinecone.  What do you think?
With each tap of the clay, my pinecone flower evolved.  It was so much fun.  Here's another shot!

The little scroll like scratches on the right side of the lid is to mark where the lid fits best.  I don't want to fumble around trying to figure out which way to fit the lid on, now I will always know.

After doing the little rosette, I started my next canister.  I decided I wanted a container for my coffee pods.  I usually have a lot of them but don't want some huge container sitting around.  The coffee canister is the smallest one pictured. 

On Tuesday I will add the pull, which will have a Greek Scrolly feel, and will coordinate well with the other two.  

In case you are wondering what kind of glaze will be on these, it will be white, like my brownie pan.  My brownie pan worked wonderfully, but was a little small for a full recipe.  I will need to make another one so I can make two different types with one base. 

The only change I plan to make is to remove less white.  It's too distressed for my purposes.

That's it for today.  Back to painting my Boar! An update will be made tomorrow. Thanks for looking.

Don't forget to check us out on Facebook.  We don't sell pottery but we do sell floor cloths and artwork!


No comments: