Monday, February 10, 2014

Central Park In The Dark

CENTRAL  PARK  IN  THE  DARK
ICE  SKATING beside THE GAPSTOW BRIDGE
NEW YORK, NY 

Available now on Etsy!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/205552600/holiday-winterscape-in-manhattens?


This is the final picture representing this painting at its most complete stage.  If you look at my blog from a few days ago, you can really see the difference.  I antiqued the edges and intend to either put it in a simple black frame or a 19th century gold leaf filigree type frame.  I also have the frame pictured on a previous post a few days ago.  


The colors in this painting--such as blue, yellow, red, etc.--very much stand out.  I don't know if it comes thru on the photo but the blues are vibrant.  The reds are warm and rich, and the yellows that are spread throughout the painting are as sporadic as the snowflakes that are falling with no specific pattern or logic. 

 

This painting represents the beginning of what will be posted as I start to stock up for my show in Buck's County, PA.  I will post something about this show maybe tomorrow.  It is in September 2014.

Thanks so much for following the progress of this painting. 

Enjoy! 



No comments: