Sunday, February 23, 2014

My Rufus Porter Style Landscape

A Calm Countryside Along the River

Rufus Porter style



I wish that I had the measurements on this and a better image of it to share.  This was a large landscape that would hang over a mantel or a sofa.  It would look great in a study, too.  A while back I blogged about Rufus Porter, itinerant artist from New England.  I told about how he entered the arts thru the murals that he painted.  

This is another example of  mine  that is similar to his style.  My proportions are not always correct, unlike his.  I wanted this piece to feel like it was an isolated area that still received some traffic but had times of quiet and peace throughout the day.  The large over scaled trees are what I really love to see and seem to paint over and over.  

If there was a  closeup, it would show little cracks that suggested that the image was carefully retrieved from an old farmhouse.  Unfortunately, this doesn't come thru.  I am going to look to see if I can find a better example of this painting style and blog a little later on it.  For now enjoy this simple painting of mine.  I have about 3 of them hanging in my home if anyone is interested, I can give you a price. 



Enjoy! 
www.spicherandco.com

No comments: